Dizziness After an Auto Accident
posted: Aug 19, 2015.
Dizziness and vertigo are common symptoms following a motor vehicle accident in which you've injured your neck or have suffered whiplash. There are many possible sources of dizziness and vertigo:
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: Also known as Post Concussion Syndrome
- Vascular Injury: Damage to the arteries in the neck causing "vertebral insufficiency"
- Direct Neurological Damage: Nerve root damage, especially those caused by Disc Protrusions at C3/C4 could cause Dizziness
- Myofascial Damage: Numerous studies indicate that muscular hypertonicity or tightness can cause dizziness and equilibrium problems
- Inner Ear Damage: An auto accident that damages the Vestibular apparatus in your inner ear can cause dizziness
Joseph Medlin D.C.